Women’s Health Resource Center
We have established the Women Health Resource Center program. Its foremost goal is to educate women from family planning to the early pregnancy through delivery and the early post-partum period. Access to information remains crucial for a healthy pregnancy and healthy newborns.
Women in this center receive theoretical, practical and counseling information on antenatal and postnatal care, post-natal depression, breastfeeding, new-born care, baby nutrition, immunization, and women and child’s care.
The center provides much needed education and counseling directly to women and their partners. Women learn from videos, educational handouts, small group sessions, and direct counseling with a midwife, nurse, or gynecologist all in a comfortable setting. The centre provides wellness activities too.
Our centers are open to young women, mothers, and couples. They aim to empower patients and practitioners towards quality improvement and shared-decision making, two concepts which have proven to reduce maternal and child mortality rates around the world.
Our Women’s Health Resource Centers are located at:
1. Center 1: Gynecology/Obstetrics Clinic within UCCK, first floor, Prishtina
2. Center 2: Family Medicine Center 2, str. Remzi Hoxha, Ferizaj
3. Center 3: Main Family Medicine Center “Dr. Nexhat Çuni”, Mitrovica
4. Center 4: Family Medicine Center in Drajkovc, Sterpca
5. Center 5: Family Medicine Center in Kaçanik
6. Center 6: Family Medicine Center in Prizren
7. Center 7: Family Medicine Center in Pejë
8. Center 8: Family Medicine Center in Dragash
9. Center 9: Family Medicine Center in Klinë
10. Center 10: Family Medicine Center in Kamenicë
11. Center 11:Family Medicine Center in Gjilan
12. Center 12:Family Medicine Center in Obiliq
Interested participants can attend activities as published in the monthly schedule or contact us to register at the centre. Participants can join individually, as couples or in groups. Write us via info@localhost.
FACT: Around 2,500 women patients have already benefited from the support of the Women’s Health Resource Centers since January 2014.